Friday, October 2, 2009

My favourite piece of art


It is "The kiss" by Auguste Rodin.
It is a marble sculpture which represents lovers.


The original title of this sculpture was Francesca da Rimini, who was a character of Dante's Inferno. According with the book, she was married but unfortunately Francesca fell in love with her husband younger brother.
This sculpture represents the moment when they were discovered and the killed by her husband. For this reason, their lips do not touch each other to suggest that they were interrupted.

Personally, I like this sculpture because it was perfectly worked -each detail is exact and beautiful. Also, It remembers me when I used to draw humans bodies at high school- I was really good doing it. Besides, I like it due to the fact that the kiss is the most common show of affection and it represents love. Usually, when we walk on the stress whatever we look at it is possible to see a couple kissing each other, maybe some of them are more passionate than other ones but the interaction between men and women is just the same, love.


If I were a sculptor I would like to represent the pregnancy too because after the kiss it is the second most beautiful interaction between people.

No comments:

Post a Comment